We welcomed delightful new creative directors Carlos Alija & Laura Sampedro to our Hanbury Street family last week. They come to us from their homeland of Spain via sunny Sydney, where they were ECDs at BMF Sydney for two years.
Now that they've had a bit of time to get used to the rather unique experience that is Great Britain in early February (floods, power cuts, crocodiles), here are a few things you didn't know about the husband-and-wife pair:
- Carlos is a frustrated comic artist and Laura a frustrated expressionist artist. A frustrated duo turned into happy advertising animals.
- Nobody has more density of hair follicles than Laura, nobody. As for Carlos, his orange beanie says it all.
- Carlos moves his hands dramatically when he talks. They can be a mortal weapon, keep a safe distance!
- Laura has a very strong sixth sense. In a scary way.
- Up Where We Belong is their karaoke hit.
So there you have it. Thanks to these two, we can now add telepathy and advanced gesticulation to our list of skills.